Firstly, Dodge has been around sense before most of us were born. Many of the Dodge vehicles in the United States are part of the family. Afterall we spend a lot of time in our vehicles driving everywhere! Therefore, when our Dodge transmission stops working properly, it can be extremely frustrating!
Secondly, now that your Dodge transmission has stopped working properly, we are forced to find a transmission shop that can be trusted with a family member! Ask yourself this, am I willing to trust my family members with my Dodge? Then why should you trust any shop, or transmission shop with your Dodge transmission repair, or Dodge transmission rebuild!
Now you may ask, how do I choose a shop, or transmission shop to take care of my Dodge transmission repair, or transmission rebuild? After all, you are probably not in this position on a regular basis! We at Advance Transmissions would like to offer some tips on how to pick a transmission shop. Now keep in mind this is meant to be a guide, or friendly advice, and in the end the choice of transmission shop is ultimately up to you!
Keep in mind that we are an auto repair shop in St. Charles, MO, not a manufacturer, and we cannot ship parts to other stores. But we are always happy to serve you if you would like to visit us!
Common Dodge vehicles and transmissions:
- Dodge Caliber with the common, CVT2 transmission.
- Dodge Caravan with the common, 40TE, 41TE, and the 62TE transmissions.
- Dodge Charger with the common, 42RLE, 722.6, ZF8HP45, and the ZF8HP90 transmissions.
- Dodge Durango with the common, 42RLE, 45RFE, 46RH, 48RE, 5-45RFE, 65RFE, and the 845RFE transmissions.
- Dodge Journey with the common 40TE, 41TE, and the 62TE transmissions.
- Dodge Magnum with the common 42RLE, and the 722.6 transmissions.
- Dodge Ram with the common A727, A904, 48RE, 46RH, 45RFE, 5-45RFE, 66RFE, 68RFE, and the 845RE transmissions.
Questions we would ask a repair shop or transmission shop:
- What does the company’s internet reviews look like, Google reviews?
- Is the transmission shop (BBB) Better Business Bureau standing?
- Does your transmission shop specialize in a particular vehicle repair, or is your business a general auto repair shop?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you an Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association (ATRA) Member?
- How long before your transmission shop can look at my Dodge transmission?
- What is your diagnostic fee?
- If they do charge a fee, do you have any coupons?
- How long would it take before you can start on my transmission repair?
- When would you expect to complete the repair on my transmission?
- How long would it take before you can start on my transmission rebuild?
- When would you expect to complete the rebuild on my Dodge transmission?
- Kind of warranty do you provide on a transmission rebuild?
- What does the warranty cover i.e., parts, labor, fluid, and tax?
- Is the warranty prorated i.e., labor is only covered for 6 months, and parts are prorated after?
- What is required to avoid losing my warranty: is a transmission checkup, or service required?
- What is the transmission service mileage intervals?
- (If you travel.) Does your warranty cover nationwide repairs?
- Do I have the option of a Nationwide ATRA Warranty, and if so, does it cost extra?
Finally, during your conversation with the transmission shop, did you feel as though they are knowledgably, competent, confident in their answers to your questions? Now call a few transmission shops and compare them to each other!
We are located at
626 Lakeside Plaza, Lake St. Louis, MO 63367
24 Month or 24,000
ON OUR NISSAN REBUILT TRANSMISSIONS!
Are you having problems with your transmission?
Call us at 636-978-7730
Fill In The Form Below!