Firstly, Chevrolet otherwise known as Chevy, has been around since before most of us were born. Many of the Chevy vehicles in the United States are part of the family. After all, we spend a lot of time in our vehicles driving everywhere! Therefore, when our Chevy transmission stops working properly, it can be extremely frustrating! Our Chevy Transmission Shop is here for you!
Secondly, now that your Chevrolet transmission has stopped working properly, we are forced to find a transmission shop that can be trusted with a family member! Ask yourself this, am I willing to trust my family members with my Chevy? Then why should you trust any shop, or transmission shop with your Chevy transmission repair, or Chevy transmission rebuild!
Now you may ask, how do I choose a shop, or transmission shop to take care of my Chevy transmission repair, or transmission rebuild? After all, you are probably not in this position on a regular basis! We at Advance Transmissions would like to offer some tips on how to pick a transmission shop. Now keep in mind this is meant to be a guide or friendly advice, and in the end, the choice of transmission shop is ultimately up to you!
Keep in mind that we are an auto repair shop in St. Charles, MO, not a manufacturer, and we cannot ship parts to other stores. But we are always happy to serve you if you would like to visit us!
Common Chevy vehicles and transmissions
- Chevy Avalanche with the common, 4L60E, 4L80E and the 6L80E transmissions.
- Camaro with the common, 700R4, 4L60E, 6L50E, and the 6L80E transmissions.
- Cobalt with the common 4T45E transmission.
- Colorado with the common, 4L60E, and the 6L50E transmissions.
- Cruze with the common 6T40E transmission.
- Chevy Equinox with the common AW55, 6T45E, and 6T70E transmissions.
- Chevy Impala with the common, 4T65E, and the 6T70E transmissions.
- Malibu with the common, 4T40E, and the 6T70E transmissions.
- Chevy Silverado with the common, 4L60E, 4L80E, 6L80E, and 6L90E transmissions.
- Chevy Suburban with the common, 4L60E, 4L80E, 6L80E, and 6L90E transmissions.
- Tahoe with the common, 4L60E, 4L80E, 6L80E, and 6L90E transmissions.
- Chevy Traverse with the common, 6T75E transmission.
- Chevy Trailblazer with the common, 4L60E transmission.
Questions we would ask a repair shop, or transmission shop:
- What does the company’s internet reviews look like, Google reviews?
- Is the transmission shop (BBB) Better Business Bureau standing?
- Does your transmission shop specialize in a particular vehicle repair, or is your business a general auto repair shop?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you an Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association (ATRA) Member?
- How long before your transmission shop can look at my Chevy transmission?
- What is your diagnostic fee?
- If they do charge a fee, do you have any coupons?
- How long would it take before you can start work on my transmission repair?
- When would you expect to complete the repair on my particular transmission?
- How long would it take before you can start on my transmission rebuild?
- When would you expect to complete the rebuild on my transmission?
- Kind of warranty do you provide on a Chevy transmission rebuild?
- What does the warranty cover i.e., parts, labor, fluid, and tax?
- Is the warranty prorated i.e., labor is only covered for 6 months, and parts are prorated after?
- What does the warranty require to maintain it i.e., transmission checkup, or services required?
- What is the transmission service mileage intervals?
- (If you travel.) Does your warranty cover nationwide repairs?
- Do I have the option of a Nationwide ATRA Warranty, and if so, does it cost extra?
Finally, during your conversation with the transmission shop, did you feel as though they are knowledgably, competent, confident in their answers to your questions? Now call a few transmission shops and compare them to each other!
We are located at
626 Lakeside Plaza, Lake St. Louis, MO 63367
24 Month or 24,000
ON OUR NISSAN REBUILT TRANSMISSIONS!
Are you having problems with your transmission?
Call us at 636-978-7730
Fill In The Form Below!